Most people have dreams, but they don’t know how to make them a reality. So they live the life they have, while they desire the life they want. How long are you willing to wait, and what are you willing to do to achieve that dream that sets your soul on fire?
Here are some people who did not give up on their dreams:
- At age 23, Oprah was fired from her first reporting job.
- At age 27, Vincent Van Gogh failed as a missionary and decided to go to art school.
- Julia Child released her first cookbook at age 39 and got her own cooking show at age 51.
- Vera Wang failed to make the Olympic figure skating team, didn’t get the Editor-in-Chief position at Vogue, and designed her first dress at age 40.
- Colonel Sanders was 65 and reliant on a $105-a-month Social Security check when he incorporated Kentucky Fried Chicken and began driving his 1946 Ford around the country, signing up new franchisees.
Whatever your dream is, it is not too late to achieve it. You aren’t a failure because you haven’t found fame and fortune by the age of 21.
It’s okay if you don’t know what your dream is yet because you never know where you’ll end up tomorrow.
- Never tell yourself you’re too old to make it.
- Never tell yourself you missed your chance.
- Never tell yourself that you aren’t good enough.
- You can do it. Whatever it is that sets your soul on fire.
Something to Think About
Everyone has a story, but the ones we love to hear, are those which set out hearts and souls on fire.
This week, be a beacon of hope for someone in need.
Words of Wisdom
May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears. – Nelson Mandela
Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness. – Desmond Tutu
The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up. – John Holmes
There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others. – Mandy Hale